A deck is an excellent addition to any home, providing extra space for entertaining, relaxing, or simply enjoying the outdoors. But like any other outdoor surface, decks need regular cleaning and maintenance to look their best.
It’s that time of year again. The weather is perfect for spending some time outside enjoying your deck. But before you can do that, it may need a good cleaning.
And if you need Portland deck cleaning, refinishing, or staining, read on. We have some excellent advice for you.
Typically, decks in the Pacific Northwest must be restored about every two years. So if you’re looking for deck cleaning solutions that will keep your deck looking great for years to come, PressureWorks NW is the answer.
What is the best way to clean a wooden deck?
Pressure washing your wooden deck is the best way to keep it clean and looking great.
Pressure washing removes dirt, grime, mold, and mildew that can build up over time and lead to rot. It also gets rid of any stains or spill marks that may be present. In addition, pressure washing will restore the natural color of the wood and make it look new again.
Best of all, pressure washing is quick and easy and doesn’t require special chemicals or cleaners. So if you’re looking for the best way to clean your wooden deck, pressure washing is the way to go.
Should You Pressure Wash Your Deck on Your Own?
A pressure washer is a great way to remove dirt, grime, and debris from your deck. They are also effective at removing mold and mildew. However, you must be careful when using a pressure washer on a wood deck.
Pressure washing a deck isn’t as easy as it looks. And when you try to wash your deck yourself, it will most likely take significantly more time than expected. And you could end up damaging your deck. So unless you have experience in deck pressure washing services, you may want to have a professional take care of it for you.
While you may be tempted to try and do it yourself, sometimes hiring experts is the best option – especially when it comes to something as important (and expensive) as your deck. Pressure washing your deck is a big job. You not only have to worry about the equipment but also safety. If you’re not careful, you could easily slip and fall.
There’s also the risk of damaging your deck. You could strip off the paint or stain if you use too much pressure. Or you could even gouge the wood. Even if you’re very careful, there’s always a risk that something could go wrong.
7 Reasons why You Shouldn’t try Pressure Washing Yourself:
So, think again if you’re considering cleaning and restoring your deck. Hiring a professional who will get the job done right the first time is worth the investment.
- Professional deck cleaners have the experience and expertise to tackle your deck’s specific needs precisely. They also have the right tools and equipment to do the job quickly and efficiently.
- If you’re not careful, you can easily damage your deck using the wrong cleaning products or methods. This damage decreases the lifespan of your deck, but it can also be expensive to repair.
- Professional deck cleaners will be able to clean your deck more thoroughly than you ever could on your own. They have the knowledge and experience to reach all the nooks and crannies you may miss.
- Pressure washing your deck is a dirty job – there’s no way around it. And if you’re not prepared for it, you can end up with a massive mess on your hands. Professional deck cleaners will complete the project in a neat, organized, and efficient manner. And then properly dispose of all debris.
- Hiring a professional deck cleaner isn’t just easier. It can even be more cost-effective in the long run than trying to do it yourself. When you factor in the cost of renting or buying the necessary equipment and the time and effort it takes to do the job right, you’ll quickly see that it’s worth every penny.
- Professional deck cleaners can often restore your deck to its original beauty, which may not be possible if you try to do it yourself.
- Finally, professional deck cleaners can save you time and hassle. They’ll handle all the work so you can sit back and enjoy your beautiful, clean deck.
Think about it – pressure washing is not as simple as just pointing the wand and spraying. You must hold the wand at the right angle, use the right amount of pressure, and move at the right speed. It takes a lot of practice to get it right. And even then, you may not get your deck as clean as you want.
With hundreds of happy customers and dozens of 5-star reviews, PressureWorks NW is a premier Portland Pressure Wash Services provider.
We have helped many Portland homeowners just like you preserve and even increase their home’s value, and we can help you too. So no need to keep searching Google for deck cleaning and staining near me, or deck cleaning Portland. Just call today and leave the rest to us. We’ll get your deck looking like new again!